Image Map

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Organized Chaos

Welcome to my first post on my new blog! Here's what I am planning for this blog...

  • Ideas, tips, and tricks for organizing your classroom, teaching, and life as an elementary music teacher (or other kinds of teachers too- we can all learn from each other!)
  • Ideas, tips, and tricks for staying sane by organizing your life as a mother
Basically I want to share the strategies that work for me as a single mother of twin toddlers and elementary general music teacher. Everything will be categorized into one of those two categories, so if you can relate to one but not the other, just ignore the other half, OK? OK!

I've titled the blog "organized chaos" because that is what my life, both as a teacher and a mother, looks like (and I like it that way). I like my lines, color-coded classroom supplies, and neatly ordered instruments, and I have not yet been able to suppress the loud gasp that comes out of my mouth every time one of my toddlers decides to take their coloring project to our white couch, but I also love creativity and fun- which can sometimes get a little noisy. It's taken a lot of trial and error, research, and thought, but I think I can now say my chaotic life is organized enough to have some ideas worth sharing. 

Thanks for reading- and stay tuned!

No comments :

Post a Comment