Image Map

Monday, January 4, 2016

Mommy Monday: top blog post roundup 2015

Happy New Year! As we launch into 2016, I thought I'd take a moment to look back on my favorite Mommy blog posts from 2015. I've picked out some of my own, and some from other blogs I like to read. I hope you find some inspiration and new ideas to start your year off right!


Click on the image to go to each post:

1. Lunchbox Menu Ideas



Lunchboxes were a big topic for me this past fall since my daughters started preschool. In this post I shared my ideas for creating healthy lunches for kids without too much thought each morning.

2. Helping Children Through a Move



Moving was another big topic for me recently, since I bought a house over Thanksgiving! Having moved a lot as a child myself, this post was a very meaningful one for me to write. 

3. Snow Day Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers



This will be a good post for me to reference in the next few months, I'm sure! Unlike this year, the last few winters in Connecticut have been rough. Let me tell you, a wealth of experience, trial, and error went into this list of things to do when you're stuck inside! :)

4. Three Ways IKEA Trones Can Be Your Home Organization Hero



I know the title sounds like an infomercial but I swear 1) it isn't and 2) these things really are so awesome that they make me sound like a walking advertisement. I used these little "shoe cabinets" in my kids' bedroom, the bathroom, and even the kitchen!

5. Dear Newly Single Mom


This post was hard to write, but I'm so glad I did. If you know anyone going through this experience, I hope you will show them this post.

6. Organized Coffee Cabinet



This post by Jen from IHeartOrganizing is just one example of the many gasp-worthy organizing and decorating projects she seems to whip out of her back pocket on a regular basis. And being the coffee lover that I am, this cabinet is definitely a life goal!

7.  The Importance of Messing Up: Grit


Our kids need to be allowed to make mistakes. It's the only way they'll learn how to deal with them.

This post spoke to both my parent and teacher sides- Sadia's discussion of letting children fail in order to learn, and helping them to problem-solve, is spot-on!

That's it for now. Did you find a new favorite blog? Got some fresh inspiration for the year? Have your own favorite Mommy blog posts to share? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment