Image Map

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Teacher Tuesday: top blog post roundup 2015

Hands up if you, like me, started back to school yesterday...

As we launch full-speed into the new year, I thought it would be helpful to stop and look back for a moment on 2015. Today I'm sharing my favorite music teacher blog posts from last year- 5 of my own and 5 from some of my other favorite blogs (click on the pictures to read each post). I hope you'll join me in taking a deep breath and getting energized with some awesome ideas and inspiration!


1. Teaching Letter Names of Notes



2. Hand Signals for Quick Transitions



3. Drum Circle Lesson Ideas



4. From National Standards to Specific Lessons



5. Rhythm Monster Magnets for Music Composition



6. 10 Ways to Use Balls in Music Class (via Sing-Play-Creatively)



7. Advice for a Struggling New Teacher (via Music With Mrs. Tanenblatt)




8. Top Five Procedures in Elementary Music (via The Yellow Brick Road)




9. Interactive Bulletin Boards and Instrument Family Pyramids (via Musical Gems)


Picture

10. Tons of Halloween and Fall Music Lesson Ideas (via O for Tuna Orff)



Did you find a new blog to follow? A great idea you missed before? Have your own favorite posts from 2015 to share? Leave a comment! :)

8 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I love your whole blog- thank you for all the great reads in 2015, and can't wait for more in the new year! ;)

      Delete
  2. I loved the Halloween ideas for O For Tuna Orff. Thanks for sharing! #fermatafridays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got myself a new standard that I will be using every fall from now on from that blog post- great stuff!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing these great blog posts. I especially liked the hand signs post. Thanks for the shout out too! #fermatafridays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed them. The hand signs are such a simple but super helpful trick! I've gotten 7 new students this week (ack!) and they are able to catch on immediately with no explanation.

      Delete
  4. All look very interesting, I will hop over to read them in a minute. Thank you for sharing!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some really fantastic ideas in those posts, and the blogs I mentioned have tons of other wonderful articles too! I've enjoyed "meeting" your blog recently too, and can't wait to read through it more this year- thanks for reading!

      Delete