Image Map

Sunday, May 28, 2017

May Favorites 2017

Another month has flown by, and this one I'm not to sad to see go. May is always so crazy with events, concerts, changing weather, getting ready for summer, and everything in between! Still there were quite a few fun moments too, and plenty of things to love, so today I'm sharing my favorites from this past month. All of the photos below are taken straight from Instagram, so if you want to keep up with me more regularly come follow me over there! ;)


1. Giant inflatable dice



I was so excited when I saw these at the Target Dollar Spot- how cool are they?!? This time of year, anything that can mix things up and keep things fresh and interesting is a win, and these definitely hit the mark! I am using them in my classes mostly to review dynamics and tempi- I put a chart up on the board that shows which number means which dynamic and another set that shows which number means which tempo marking (so the red 1 means allegro, blue 2 means forte etc) and then having kids take turns rolling 2 dice at a time to see what they get. They choose from a list of favorite songs and have to sing with with their team using whatever dynamics and tempo they rolled. So much fun!

I shared a bunch of review games like this one in a recent blog post. Read that post here if you're still hanging in there for a few more weeks like I am!

2. Smoothies



With things being so busy lately, smoothies have been my go-to breakfast lately. I put some vanilla yogurt and one banana into the blender before the girls wake up, and then they take turns picking out the frozen fruit they want to add for our smoothie of the day. Lately I've had blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and peaches on hand in the freezer, and I think at this point we've tried every combination you can think of (including all 4 together). They're all delicious. Side benefit for us is that one of my girls takes a powder medicine every morning, so I can easily mix that in with the smoothie! I made a breakfast planner board last summer- you can get it for free here along with organizers for lunchboxes and tips for meal planning :)

3. Mother's Day



Of course we can't talk about May without mentioning Mother's Day! I love these "all about my mom" sheets that the girls make at school every year. This year most of their answers were super accurate- they both got my exact age, and described a lot of my favorite things pretty well! My favorite answer has to be, "I love my mom more than: anything".

4. Blog posts

I love finding new awesome blog posts each Friday to share on Facebook! Here are all of the posts I found this month- click on the picture to go read each post. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!





I hope you found some new inspiration here! What are the things you've been enjoying this month? I'd love to hear about them in the comments! If you want to keep up with me, be sure you're subscribed to my email newsletter- I've got lots of awesome stuff planned for this summer! Click here to sign up for the Organized Chaos newsletter!

No comments :

Post a Comment