Image Map

Saturday, April 28, 2018

April Favorites 2018

*sigh* It's almost time to say goodbye to one of my favorite months..... How was your April? The weather here was not great for most of the month, but we had a good week to finish it off and I have so many great things to share with you!


1. Birthday festivities!



My birthday was full of special treatment this year- I definitely felt loved! My parents brought me coffee early in the morning and snuck into my house to put up some birthday decorations while I was at work, the art teacher at my school took me out for lunch, and one of my sisters got me tickets to go see the Boston Symphony and Yo-Yo Ma play at Carnegie Hall! It has been years since I went to the symphony and my first time hearing Yo-Yo Ma live, so that was a special treat. All of these are just the special things people did for me on my actual birthday- I had so many other friends and family shower me with love this year and I was really reminded of the blessings they are in my life :)

2. Planner updates



OK I'm trying really hard not to sound like a commercial here, but honestly this was a HUGE part of my month and very exciting for me so bear with me please- all of the #PlanMyWholeLife Music Teacher Planners that I design are officially updated for the 2018-2019 school year and I am so excited! If you want to see some of the new updates I've made this year (besides all of the new calendar dates), I posted this video on my Facebook page that shows some of the biggest changes.

3. Spring break



My spring break was just about as great as I could ever hope for: an old friend came to visit, we (finally) got some warm weather so I could play outside with my daughters, I got caught up on work, and got to relax and (gasp) even sleep in! I love my job and I love my students but it was definitely nice to get some sunshine and slow down for a few days.

4. Music education blog posts

I always love sharing some of my favorite blog posts from other music education authors- click each picture below to read the full posts. I promise you they are all worth your time!





Next up: May! One of the busiest months of the year for sure. Want more ideas, resources, and lesson plans sent straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up for the Organized Chaos newsletter!

No comments :

Post a Comment