Image Map

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Teacher and Life Planner: Tips for Effective Use

My teacher/ life planner is my single most important tool for maintaining my sanity as a mother, music teacher, and teacher-author. I designed my "perfect for me", all-in-one planner 5 years ago, and I've been refining my system and streamlining my organization ever since. Along the way I've shared my favorite tips for using planners on this blog, and I think it's high time I compiled those tips into one place!

Below you'll find all of my favorite posts on tips and strategies for using your planner for everything from lesson planning to home life organization (and everything in between). Click on the pictures to read the full posts- happy planning!


A "tour" of what my planner looks like after a full school year of use:


"Teacher-y" things to keep in your planner:


Home and life items to keep in your teacher planner:


Using the lesson planning pages in your planner as effectively as possible for your own unique teaching situation:


How I use my monthly calendars:


Planning ahead for the following school year:


Using "decorating" to make planning more effective and organized:


Consolidated to-do lists:


Tracking snow days:


Tips on planning ahead for winter holidays:


Organized concert prep:


I hope these resources help you get the most out of your planner and get more organized! If you have any questions or your own tips to share, I'd love for you to leave them in the comments below! And if you want to learn more about the planners I design for music teachers, check out the video below and click here to shop. Happy planning!


Want to get more timely ideas and resources and exclusive content sent straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up for the Organized Chaos newsletter!

No comments :

Post a Comment