Image Map

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Teacher Desk Tour

Today I'm giving you a tour of my teacher desk in my classroom! I still have one more week left of summer before I start work, so things are still in progress, but most of my stuff is set up (well, around my desk anyway) so I thought I would go ahead and show you what I have. Jennifer from The Yellow Brick Road is also sharing her desk for her home office, so be sure to head over to her post after you read mine- she has some awesome techy solutions to get organized and work efficiently!


If you remember from last summer, I actually downsized my desk quite a bit. You can read more about how I corralled everything into my current small semicircle desk here:


So here's my little tour of my desk! :)


If you want to read about how I made my "teacher toolbox", which has all of my smaller bits and bobs in it, you can read that post here:


Want more? Subscribe here to the Organized Chaos newsletter and get music teacher ideas and resources for home and school sent straight to your inbox!

I'm also joining in with other music teachers who are sharing their desks this week as well! Check out all of the other posts below (and add your own link if you have one to share)!


4 comments :

  1. The first thing I spotted in your video was your microphone. I'm still practicing with mine to find a sweet spot for singing w/guitar accompaniment. I may be coming to you soon for some pointers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah all of the elementary music teachers got one about 3 years ago- I don't do anything special with it but it works great for in-class recordings! I also use it to record myself playing the piano accompaniment parts to use for my choir concerts and the sound is good even on the big speakers :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice! Ddp you ever worry about sitting with your back to the kiddos? Or are you usually not sitting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely if ever sit at my desk while I'm teaching, so that hasn't been an issue. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete