Image Map

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Small Goals: March 2017

I love the fresh opportunities for reflection that each new month brings! I'm sharing my "small goals" again this month along with Jennifer from The Yellow Brick Road. If you're looking for more inspiration (or just want to get to know another really cool music education blogger!), head on over to see her post as well :)


Last month's goals

My "small goals" last month were to get ready for Music In Our Schools Month, start my tax filing, and practice more grace and more peace in my classroom. I managed to get all of my MIOSM prep done (and things are going very well so far), and I think I did pretty well with the grace and peace (more on that later), but I definitely did not start my taxes. Boo. So that's going to be one of my goals again this month (since it pretty much has to happen at this point).

Goal 1: file my taxes

Welp, I guess getting it done early isn't going to really happen. Hopefully it won't be too painful of a process, but I need to set aside a chunk of time to get my taxes done this month so I'm not rushing right before the deadline!

Goals 2: even more grace and peace

The last few weeks have been really tough for some of my students, especially the older ones. I teach in a K-6 building so the 6th graders always end up dealing with changing hormones and looking at transitioning to middle school around this time each year, which can make for some pretty serious craziness. But this year I've had some students confide in me recently about some pretty heavy stuff going on in their lives, and it has been a difficult but important reminder of just how much stuff my students deal with on a regular basis outside of school. My goal is to continue to support those kids with whom I've developed a closer personal connection as best as I can and to continue to offer grace and peace as much as I can to all of my students.

Goal 3: arrange at least one play date

One of my daughters told me recently that she has been sad at school because her "best friends" have been playing with other kids and she has had trouble finding someone to play with. We talked about it, and she has found some people to play with at school, but I also promised to try to invite some friends over for a play date sometime so she could further foster those friendships. I want to make sure I don't forget to do that! Several of them will be going to the same kindergarten with them, so it will be great for them to get to play together outside of school!

What are your goals for this month? March is always a busy time of year, but a lot of great things happen too! I hope you all have a wonderful month ahead, and be sure to head on over to Jennifer's post to see what she's up to as well :)

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for linking up! Good luck with your taxes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, thanks ;) Hopefully it won't be too painful of a process...

      Delete