Image Map

Sunday, November 26, 2017

November Favorites 2017

At the end of each month I like to share some of the things that made my heart happy, made my life easier, or that I just thought were cool. This month I've got a favorite first grade music lesson, a fun breakfast idea, an easy but awesome teacher gift idea, and teaching ideas for ukulele, middle school choir, sub plans, and more!


1. Animal toast



I am officially obsessed, you guys. Aside from the bunnies above, I've also made owls, bears, monkeys, and foxes (which I also shared on Instagram). They're so easy to throw together in the morning and when we're all feeling a little less than enthusiastic about getting to school in the morning, it's a great way to get my kids excited for the day! :) The bunnies were made with carrots, raisins, blueberries, bananas, and cream cheese on bread.

2. Teacher gifts



I figured since I was going to be seeing all of my daughters' teachers for conferences anyway, we could go ahead and give them a little thank you gift instead of waiting for Christmas. I think this needs to be a thing. It was a perfect way to get in the Thanksgiving spirit, and I had a lot more energy to help the girls put them together since it wasn't crazy holiday/concert season yet. We made some hot peppermint hot chocolate mix (got the recipe from The Domestic Geek here) and put them in baggies inside these travel mugs we got at Target Dollar Spot. The teachers loved them, it was relatively cheap, and didn't take too long to put together. The girls wrote personal notes to each teacher on the back of the recipe cards :)

3. Mortimer



I love doing my Mortimer lessons in November with my 1st graders! If you haven't seen it already, here's my post with everything I do with this story- it is honestly one of my all-time favorites.

4. Music education blog posts








So many things to love this month- what were some of your favorites? If you haven't already, be sure to sign up for my newsletter. I have something extra special coming in the next one! Plus I always share timely ideas and resources that you're sure to find useful ;) Click here to sign up for the Organized Chaos newsletter!

No comments :

Post a Comment