Image Map

Saturday, March 2, 2019

February Favorites 2019

February has been a busy but very fun month, and it has me looking forward to all the March excitement as well! So many new ideas I am itching to implement- I hope you find some inspiration today to get you excited too.


1. New books, more representation


I have been so happy with the new books that I got for my classroom library! I've used several in lessons with my students, many have come in handy as impromptu references, and when classes have time to read independently they have been excited about the new additions. You'll have to check out my post on Instagram to see all of the books I got this month because they are all wonderful- the picture above is just one of five!

2. MIOSM preparations


It has been so exciting to be getting ready for Music In Our Schools Month this year, as I have been working on several new ideas that I'm incorporating for the first time this year based on the new theme- I can't wait to see my students' reactions! I've been sharing my plans on the blog all month long- here is the post on the Musical March Madness bracket shown above, here is a post on my favorite new lesson idea incorporating exploration of a wide range of genres, and here is my post on how I plan to incorporate informances. It's going to be a fun month ahead!!

3. Music Education Resources

I love reading all of the great ideas shared within the online music education community! Here are some of my favorite ideas from this past month- click on the pictures to read the full posts.





I share these articles and resources each week over on my Facebook page, so if you want to stay updated on my latest finds you should follow me there!

I'd love to hear about some of your highlights from February as well- it's fun to celebrate the "highs" and get inspiration from each other! Happy Music In Our Schools Month!

No comments :

Post a Comment