Image Map

Sunday, June 28, 2020

June Favorites 2020

June always seems to disappear in the blink of an eye. School ended at the beginning of the month, but it has been strange transitioning from working from home to summer break- days just blend into each other since quarantine! Still, the sunshine and extra time to be with my family without getting interrupted by zoom meetings and phone alerts has been wonderful. Here are some highlights from the past month, taken from my Instagram posts: the renewed anti-racism focus in education, planner layouts that adjust to my changing schedule, family time, and my favorite reads from music education blogs this month.


1. Renewed Focus on Anti-Racism Work


It has been encouraging to see renewed focus on anti-racism in the music education community over the last few weeks. It is my sincere hope that we will all have the stamina to maintain the same level of focus and passion long-term so that we can see actual, meaningful change take place in our classrooms, in our schools, and in our society. 

2. Adjusting Planner Spreads


The great thing about using a printable planner and disc binding is that I can change out pages whenever I need to, and wow did that ever come in handy these last few months! I found the weekly planning template I set up for distance learning worked perfectly for my needs while teaching online, and since summer vacation started I have enjoyed using the 1-page weekly templates I like to pull out in the summer time. Switching between layouts like this was a fresh reminder of why I love my planner!

3. Sunshine and Family Time


This picture is from my stories, obviously, but I had to include mention of the wonderful time we've been able to have outdoors with my family this month. My parents live nearby and they have been in my "bubble" during quarantine to help with childcare. Their backyard is amazing and having the beautiful weather we've had this month has done wonders for my tired eyes and brain after starting at a computer screen for so long!

4. Music Education Articles I Loved Reading

I always love finding articles from other authors to share. Here are my favorites from this past month- I share these weekly on my Facebook page if you want to see more! Click on the pictures to read the full posts. They are both definitely worth your time.

12 Black Female 'Classical' Composers You Need to Know:

Identifying:

I hope you have found moments of joy this month as well, and perhaps found some inspiration from mine. Here's to another awesome month ahead!

No comments :

Post a Comment