Image Map

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Top 10 Posts from 2022

It's hard to believe another year has passed but here we are! Looking back on posts from the year is always fun for me because I forget what I've written about and it's so interesting to be reminded of what I wrote. My blog is a reflection of what is on my mind so these top posts are, I think, a reflection of what we as a profession have been thinking about and discussing this year- here are the top 10 most read posts that I wrote in 2022.

10: Upbeat, school-appropriate songs (without being "kids' versions") that are perfect for field day, slideshows, or any dancing/ movement game:

9: These songs have been passed around in music education workshops, books, and resources as originating in other countries but they are actually written by US Americans:

8: Why it's harmful to use the term "specials", and what terminology you can use instead:

7: A treasure trove of lesson ideas and resources for finding lesson ideas by concept and skill, and the actual curriculum writing process:

6: These are some of my favorite lesson activities for different ages to teach triple meter:

5: Lunar New Year lesson activities, including not just China but Korea and Vietnam as well, for a broad range of ages:

4: A simple formula for a competitive game to drill/ practice pitch concepts, whether it's treble or bass clef letter names or solfege:

3: Lesson ideas and resources for introducing elementary age students to elements of hip-hop including break dancing, DJing, and beatboxing:

2: Lesson ideas and resources for introducing the history, background, and context of hip-hop in elementary music:

1. A complete list of songs, and how I do a "march madness"-style bracket with the whole school, with instrumental pieces that convey different emotions:


Thank you all for reading, interacting with, and supporting this page. Having the opportunity to interact with other music teachers, and the platform to share my thoughts and ideas, has been such an amazing creative outlet and source of encouragement for me! I can't wait to see what 2023 brings us. Happy New Year!

No comments :

Post a Comment