Image Map

Monday, April 23, 2018

Teacher and Life Planner: Making It Your Own

My obsession with my teacher/life planner is no secret: my very first post on this blog 4 years ago was about my planner, and it has been an ongoing topic ever since! As a mother of two young kids, a full-time music teacher, and a teacher-author, having a planner that allows me to consolidate all of my responsibilities and streamline all of that information effectively and efficiently is a life-saver!! I simply cannot overstate how important my planner is to my sanity.

BUT after sharing so much planner goodness for so many years, I realize it has become increasingly difficult to concisely share all of those tips and tricks with planner newcomers. So this week I'm going to do my best to bring all of my best information together in one place to make it easier for newbies to get started, and probably help those of you who are already on board the planner train find some hidden gems you may have missed before!

Today's post is all about setting up the physical planner itself to get it ready to use. Click on the pictures to read the full posts!


All of the supplies I use for my current planner setup, including the binder and accessories I use, how I print my pages, and more:


How to customize the planner printables on the computer before printing (with a video tutorial showing you exactly how I do it!):


A tour of all the pages I have in my current planner, including sections for school, home, and business, and how I organize the pages to make them easy to find/use:


Super-simple tutorials for making your own sticky note "dashboard" to use as a bookmark, and a pocket folder to stick in the back of your planner:


All of the supplies I used in my previous planner setup (which I used for over 3 years and loved!). If you're just getting into planners like this, I would recommend starting with these:


I hope you find all the information you need to get your planner set up the way that works best for you and your needs! If you have any further questions about getting your planner set up effectively, please leave them in the comments below- I LOVE talking about planners any day! And if you want to look at the different planners I design for music teachers, check out the video below and click here to shop. Happy planning!


Want to get more timely ideas and resources and exclusive content sent straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up for the Organized Chaos newsletter!

No comments :

Post a Comment