Image Map

Monday, June 4, 2018

Our Family Summer Bucket List

Every year as summer approaches I pull out our blank summer bucket list and hang it on the fridge. I always find that with the craziness of the end of the school year, we often end up talking about things we can't wait to do once we have more time! I like to jot those down on our list so that when summer vacation does finally arrive, we have a list of ideas ready to go! Today I thought I would share this year's list (as it stands now) that my 6-year-olds and I have put together. Maybe this will inspire you and your family to start your own list!


It's easy to daydream about all the fun little things we'll do over long breaks, but I've found that if I don't actually make some kind of list of the things I want to do, I get to the end of the break without having done much of anything, and I regret not getting more out of my time. Not that I think we always need to do more stuff and stay busy for time to be well-spent, but I enjoy doing new, fun things over break that we don't have the time for during the school year. A lot of the items are low-key, quick activities- not big, expensive events. I'm hoping that keeping this list in mind will help us really get the most out of the summer break while still giving us the freedom to relax, rest, and be spontaneous.



What is on your family's bucket list for this summer? I shared a bucket list a few years ago when my daughters were younger as well- if you want to see a preschooler-friendly list, here's that one :) 

I have lots of fun things planned for this summer here on Organized Chaos as well- to stay up to date on what's happening and get timely ideas sent straight to your inbox, be sure to sign up for the newsletter right here!

No comments :

Post a Comment