Image Map

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Plan with Me Sundays: October 2015

It's time for another planner share post- I seriously canNOT believe it is already October! My goodness, I was just getting used to the idea that August had ended...

I'm linking up with Kreative in Kindergarten and Keeping Up with Mrs. Harris to share my latest planner updates. Be sure to check out all of the planners by clicking on the picture below- I am always amazed at the beautiful spreads and inspired by the awesome tips each month!


So.... you may remember that last month (my first time sharing any sort of attempt at decorating my planner) I told you that I would most likely never be decorating my weekly spreads- just my monthly calendars at most.

That was a lie.

In my defense, I didn't know at the time that it would become a lie, but still.

So yes, this month I have some weekly spreads to share with you! For those who are new to my planner- I use a teacher/life/home management/blog/TPT/everything planner-in-one system that I created myself. You can see an in-depth tour in the video at the bottom of this post, and check out this post to see how I set everything up using the discbound Arc system and tons of DIY's.

I'm going to go back to the first weekly spread that I ever decorated and show you each week's layout up through this coming week to give you a quick tour of what I've been doing. I am still experimenting and finding my groove, but I definitely look forward to my quality planner time each weekend and it really helps motivate me to plan out my lessons and keep track of all my appointments and to-do's! (I apologize in advance for the lighting in these pictures... We've had cloudy, rainy weather for so many days I finally had to give up on decent natural light.)

This is September 7-13. I tried layering some washi on top of each other. I sortof like it, but it made the page too thick (in my already thick planner!). I had been writing all of the lesson plans for each grade level in a different color (to match my color-coding in my classroom), but since I was adding color to the page itself I just wrote each grade/class name in the assigned color and wrote the lesson plans themselves in black.


Here is September 14-20:


I started using some of my DIY stickers in the weekly layout for the first time and I liked it! The crazy washi color overload at the bottom: not so much. Oh well.

Moving on to September 21-27:


This was the first layout that I really liked. I felt like it was pretty to look at but more sophisticated- I wasn't embarrassed to pull it out at our staff meeting and worry about looking too cutesy or something. I started using washi tape (cut into flags) as well and loved that too.

Now we're on September 28-October 4:


I experimented with some other stickers I had (the tan colored ones you see towards the top) and didn't like it quite as much as my other stuff but I don't hate it. You can also see here how I often use the notes section to hold sticky notes with song lyrics- I keep the sticky notes together after I use them so I can pull them out and stick them in my plan book the following year. Yeah, I'm fancy like that.

And this is the upcoming week, which I just finished planning out yesterday:


Obviously I have been into the brown washi. I also brought back some of the stickers from the $1 sticker books at Michael's and stuck them in the notes section, which I am liking so far. We'll see if it bothers me come staff meeting time ;)

I hope you got some inspiration for your own planning! Don't forget to check out all of the other linkups this month by heading over to the linky party! Oh, and if you are new to these parts and want the complete tour of my planner, here you go:

4 comments :

  1. Love that you have joined in on the decor fun! I love decorating my weeks. I love the owl stickers in the last pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! I think it probably a good thing that I am somewhat limited in how crazy I can get with the decorations because most of the space is for lesson planning, and honestly, it has to be practical and professional. But yeah, it's definitely something I look forward to every week :)

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to get a planner for soooooo long now! Seeing all these pretty pictures of how people organise their lives make me so excited! Maybe it is time I get my A into G and just get one :-) xx Imka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh you totally should!! It has made such a difference in my life. The decorating stuff is all well and good (and does give me a nice hobby/fun/me time to look forward to each week), the real reason I love my planner is because without it I would be lost- it is by far the best system I have found for staying organized and focused! Let me know if you decide ;)

      Delete