Image Map

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Small Goals: April 2017

I have found it to be such a wonderful practice to set small goals at the beginning of each month. It really helps me to feel motivated as I go into each new month, and helps me to focus on the most important parts of each aspect of my life. Thanks to Jennifer from The Yellow Brick Road for the prompt each month- be sure to check out her post if you want more inspiration to get you going this month!


Last month's goals

First a look back at last month's goals, which were to file my taxes, arrange at least one play date, and to practice even more grace and peace, particularly at school. I feel pretty good about all of those! I was able to file my taxes in one (albeit long) afternoon, arranged a pretty awesome playdate with 4 other girls (2 from each of the girls' classes) to go to a Michael's crafting class, and I have been very conscious about continuing to show grace and peace in my classroom (and I think it has helped!). So on with this month's goals!

1. Upload the 2017-2018 planners!!!

Just talking (or typing, rather) about planners makes me want to squeal with excitement! You guys, I am so close to having everything ready for the new school year's planners and I can't wait to share the new versions with you! If you want to see what I'm talking about, take a tour of my current planner here, or see the planners I have in my store (they get updated for free each school year around this time) here. And stay tuned- I'll most definitely be sharing my shiny new planner once it's ready!!!! :D If you're already a proud Organized Chaos planner owner, be sure to check your "my purchases" for updates in the next couple of weeks- I know many of you have been chomping at the bit like I am! ;)

2. Enjoy time with family

Spring break is starting up soon for me, and with my birthday happening this month as well, I'm looking forward to having some relaxing time with family. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can enjoy being out in the warm sunshine too- last month's weather was just awful!

3. Get ready for my spring concert

I can't believe it but there are just a few more rehearsals left with each of my choirs before our spring concert, and this time I'm pulling out all of the stops with some massive combined numbers that include all of the choral and instrumental groups. If I can pull it off, it will be amazing. If I don't, it will be sad. I want to make sure each of my groups feel very comfortable with their music this month, so that next month when we start combined rehearsals, we can focus on logistics and ensemble skills rather than the technicalities of individual parts. I'm excited to see it all come together!

That's it for me this month. April is my favorite month of the year, so I'm looking forward to great things! What are you most looking forward to this month? What are you hoping to accomplish? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Want to stay in touch? Sign up here for the Organized Chaos Newsletter and get ideas and resources sent straight to your inbox!

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for linking up! I am most looking forward to the arrival of our new washer and dryer (which arrives one day before your birthday). Our current set is SO loud that we can hardly watch TV while it's running. I'm glad that we only have a week left to wait, because I don't think our current set has much life left in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be so awesome when the new appliances come! Have you seen the guy who plays music with his dryer as the percussion? Maybe you should try something like that before you get rid of them..... Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1hnBv12-uk

      Delete