Image Map

Monday, May 21, 2018

Easy Asian Recipes for Warm Days

Now that the weather is warming up, I'm excited to pull out some of my favorite warm weather recipes- the ones that require minimal cooking and are cool and refreshing to eat! If you're looking for some new weeknight meals to try this spring and summer, here are a few of my favorites :)


1. Hiyashi Chuka

Many of you know I grew up in Japan. This is one of my favorite Japanese meals and it's so easy to make! Basically it is cold ramen noodles with a soy-sesame sauce and whatever toppings you'd like- I usually go for cucumbers, carrots, ham, egg, and bean sprouts, but you can truly use whatever you have in your fridge. This is a great way to use up that produce at the end of the week! The recipe below will show you how to make the sauce from scratch, but if you have an Asian grocery nearby see if you can find packs of Hiyashi Chuka, which will come with the noodles and sauce packs- I can throw dinner together in 10 minutes with these!

Recipe from Just One Cookbook:


2. Fresh Spring Rolls

This is another great way to use up produce and add in whatever you have on hand. All you need are rice paper wrappers like these. Soak them in warm water for 5 seconds, put in whatever ingredients you want, and wrap it up like a burrito. Add some dipping sauce and you've got a fun, easy, and delicious lunch or dinner in just a few minutes. My favorite tip: get the fresh mint and cilantro leaves. It takes them right over the top!

Recipe from Tastes Better From Scratch:


I keep some Hiyashi Chuka packs and rice paper wrappers in my pantry year-round so I can quickly whip these up whenever I feel like it. So easy, healthy, and yummy! I hope you'll give them a try this season (and let me know what you think)!

Stay in touch and get timely ideas and inspiration in your inbox- click here to sign up for the Organized Chaos Newsletter!

1 comment :