Image Map

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

My Favorite Teacher Discounts

As teachers we're always trying to stretch our budgets, and this time of year I often see ads for teacher discounts floating around that are honestly just not substantial enough to be worth my time, or aren't things I really can use. Here are some of my favorite teacher discounts that I love that you may not be aware of (this post is not sponsored in any way, just sharing information!).

1. Food

My favorite little-known teacher discount is from Thrive Market: they give teachers a free membership for a year! They have good prices on a lot of specialty food items that can be pricey at the grocery store, plus lots of home items from toilet paper to shampoo. And because the membership is free, the cheaper prices are actually cheaper, even if you don't order often! Use the link above to sign up for the teacher membership.

Home Chef gives teachers 50% off the first meal delivery box and 10% off boxes after that. I've tried a few different meal delivery services over the years when things get especially busy and they are definitely a great way to save time and energy.

2. Shoes

Good teacher shoes can be expensive! I've been happy to find several good discounts on shoes that I've had success with: 20% off Keds, and 50% off Reebok, to name a few.

3. Glasses

I know this doesn't apply to everyone but for me this is huge! Lenscrafters has 60% off lenses, and glasses.com has 60% off lenses and free shipping.

4. Craft supplies

I think these discounts are fairly well-known, but it's worth mentioning that Michaels and Joann both give 15% off for teachers as well.

If you click on any of the links you'll see that the key to many of these discounts (and many others) is signing up with ID.me - the first time I used it I got discouraged thinking it would be cumbersome to verify my teacher status but it was actually pretty easy and quick! I highly recommend signing up if you have never done this before.

OK, those are just a few of my favorites that I find useful and I don't think are very widely-known, but I'm sure there are other good ones out there! If you know of other teacher discounts please leave them in the comments so other teachers can use them too :)

No comments :

Post a Comment