Image Map

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Small Goals: March

I'm linking up with Jennifer at The Yellow Brick Road to share my small goals for the month of March! Click on the picture to head over to the linky and check out the other linked up goals posts. I'm always inspired and I love getting a little peek into other teachers/bloggers' lives :)


First, let's review how I did with last month's goals:

1. Get curtains up in the basement: Did it! And I love the way the room is turning out. Update to come in a future post... :)

2. Get ready for MIOSM: Just barely, but yeah! As much as I try to keep my extra work load to a minimum, adding extra things to think about and do this time of year always makes things a little crazy... But it's so fun and definitely worth it. 

3. Start creating the 2016-17 planners: Yep. I haven't gotten nearly as far as I'd like because of family stuff that has come up, but that's OK, I've still got time ;) I can't wait to bring them to life after pondering all these ideas for so long!

OK, so on with this month's goals:

1. Finish organizing my jewelry

I actually don't have a ton of jewelry- I just don't care enough- but I have been working on what should be a very simple project to organize my necklaces for several weeks now. It's one of those things that I just keep putting off for other things, and it frustrates me to see it half-done! Time to finish what I started.

2. Finish filling out report cards without losing my mind

This goal may be influenced slightly by the fact that they are due next week and the project it looming right now... But yes, it is always a major undertaking to input report card grades for hundreds of students and do it well.

3. Teach on a cart for a week without losing my mind

Because of standardized tests that are happening at the same time as a whole slew of other things, I am actually going to be kicked out of my beautiful classroom to teach on a cart for a week this month. After some experiences during my college days, I swore the one thing I would never do is teach on a cart. I know some have done it for years and are able to make it work, but I just couldn't do it... And yet here I am. I know it's just a week but it is stressing me out! You can bet I will be frantically searching my favorite blog posts on teaching for a cart to get some ideas to get my through!

Those are all my goals for the month. If you would like to share your own goals, I'd love to hear them! You can leave a comment below or write your own post to link up. Cheers to a wonderful March!

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for linking up! I don't have much jewelry either, and I tend not to wear it if it's not in plain sight. I ended up finding a jewelry frame on clearance and really like it. I put it up in the wall on the bathroom, and it's nice to see everything at a glance.

    ReplyDelete