Image Map

Monday, March 21, 2016

DIY jewelry hanger

I was so excited when I recently completed this project! So easy but it adds both the functionality of a jewelry hanger and some instant wall art at the same time!


 I am a bit of a necklace lover. And although I had to give them up for a few years when my daughters were babies, I am back to wearing them and I love it! I have had my necklaces hanging on push pins stuck on a big bulletin board in my bedroom for years. I liked it because it was easy to find, and the necklaces themselves served as a bit of wall decor themselves.

When we moved into our new house, I promised myself that I was going to make my bedroom just as nice as every other room in the house. I was going to make sure I took the time to organize and decorate everything so that I could feel happy to go into my bedroom. So when I started unpacking my necklaces, I knew I wanted to make my jewelry organization a little bit more attractive.

I had been eyeing a bed spread that I had seen on clearance at another store when I walked passed this paper pack on sale at Michaels



























It perfectly coordinated with the bed spread, so I snatched it up (and snatched up that bed spread too). I got a 4-pack of 12x12 cork board squares at Walmart (they also have those at any craft store) and got out my Mod Podge. That's it! To attach the paper to the cork boards, I covered one side of each cork board with Mod Podge, then stuck the paper down. Once that was dry, I went over the top of the paper with another layer of Mod Podge. I attached the cork boards to the wall with command strips and stuck some push pins on a few of them to hang my necklaces.


The designs on the papers just make me so happy! I am planning to hang some smaller things like bracelets on the third patterned board. And I just love the one board that says, "Do amazing things". It's great to see positive messages when I wake up each morning!


I'm so happy with the way this turned out, and I'm even happier that I am keeping my promise to make my own bedroom a nice place to be.

Want more? Subscribe here to the Organized Chaos newsletter and get music teacher ideas and resources for home and school sent straight to your inbox!

1 comment :