Image Map

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Children's Literature in Elementary Music Lessons

I love using books in my elementary music lessons, especially for younger students! It's amazing how much more engaged they are when there's a story, and they retain the concepts much better when it's tied to a book. I've shared lots of favorites on this blog, so today I thought I would round them up in one central place. Click on the picture to visit my blog post with complete lesson plans and information on where to get the books as well. I hope you find some new ideas to inspire your lessons!


Bear Snores On


We're Going on a Bear Hunt


Mortimer


Too Much Noise


My Many Colored Days


Froggy Gets Dressed


Niko Draws a Feeling


Mole Music / Song of Middle C / The Really Awful Musicians


Those are some of my favorite books to use in elementary music lessons. What are some of yours? I'd love to get some new ideas from you- let's hear them in the comments below! 

Looking for more lesson ideas to last all year? My full curriculum includes all the plans and materials you need for K-6 general music classes.

Want to get free curriculum resources, tips, and updates sent straight to your inbox?



No comments :

Post a Comment