Image Map

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February Favorites 2018

Another month has flown by! Before I get too caught up in all of my exciting plans for Music In Our Schools Month, it's nice to take some time to look back on the highlights from February- in truth it's easy to think back and only remember the negative, but there were a lot of great things that happened as well that I don't want to lose sight of! I hope you find some inspiration in this post as well- you definitely don't want to miss the many amazing posts from other bloggers on teaching melodic concepts that I'm sharing at the end!


1. Recorders


I love teaching recorders- it's one of my favorite units to teach every year! This month I've been sharing my teaching tips for recorder on the blog, and the response has been amazing. If you haven't already, be sure to catch up on all the latest recorder posts here (and stay tuned- there are more on the way!). 

2. Musical Restaurants


Totally random but equally awesome: I took my daughters to IHOP for a Valentine's Day dinner and was pleasantly surprised at their musical kid's menu! Check out this music puzzle, complete with an accurate description of treble clef letter names! I don't know why but it's always shocking to me when I see musical notation described accurately outside music class 😁 

3. #ArmMeWith


I hesitate to include this as a "highlight", but it is definitely worth reflecting on and important to keep at the forefront of our thoughts and actions. If you haven't heard about the #ArmMeWith movement on Instagram, click here to see all of the thousands of posts shared by teachers advocating for positive change in our schools, particularly in the United States, in the wake of the latest school shooting in Florida. It's a difficult topic but an important one nonetheless, and I hope we can all continue to keep our voices strong without letting issues like these get lost in the shuffle!

4. Melody Teaching Posts

Did you hear about the latest collaboration over on MusicEd Blogs? All month long bloggers from all over the web have been sharing amazing posts on teaching melodic concepts on our Facebook page! Here are a few highlights I shared this month, but be sure to go check out all of the posts over on MusicEd Blogs, and stay tuned to the website for another free ebook with all of these posts compiled (plus more exclusive content) coming soon!




That's it for me this month- I hope you are all looking forward to a wonderful month ahead (and hopefully some spring weather!) as much as I am! What were some of your highlights from February? Let's hear them in the comments :)

Click here to sign up for the Organized Chaos newsletter!

No comments :

Post a Comment