Image Map

Monday, February 16, 2015

Mommy Monday: a simple and happy mail drop spot

I live in a pretty small apartment, so I don't have an actual entryway, let alone a mud room or anything else of the sort. But I do still single-handedly manage a busy home, so I have found my simple and happy mail drop spot by my door to be very helpful for keeping things in order!


This is right inside my apartment, on the wall next to my door. This area serves two important purposes for me: helping me organize my mail, and helping me maintain a positive frame of mind. 


I know a lot of people like to sort their mail into more categories, but since there's only one adult in this house, I really don't need to sort it too much- I just need a place to put it so I don't lose it and/or get toddler messes all over it, and a reminder to deal with it before it turns into a mountain of no return. I put everything that hasn't been dealt with in the "in" box, and put anything that I need to mail in the "out" box. I got these simple file holders and then put washi tape around the edges. I labeled them with black contact paper and a chalk pen. 


I love having little reminders next to my front door that help me stay positive and focused on what's important. I actually got the collage of the girls and I for free when Walgreens ran a promotion, and hung that up with the same washi tape I used on the mail folders. The frame is from the dollar store, with some leftover scrapbook paper inside. I write different verses and quotes that I come across to inspire me. 


It's nothing fancy, but I love how functional and happy this space is. What do you have closest to your front door? 

1 comment :

  1. I have something similar to this, but we don't use it nearly enough. Defeats the purpose right? I need to use it a lot more! Thank you for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete