Image Map

Monday, March 23, 2015

Mommy Monday: chalkboard inspiration inside doors

Chalkboards seem to be pretty trendy for DIY home projects. Apparently you can paint almost anything with chalkboard paint, and in almost any color too, and transform it into an area for creativity. I love the idea of having surfaces that can be written on and erased easily for organization and creativity, and I love the chalkboard look, but I do not have the time and patience required to cover anything in chalkboard paint.

Enter black contact paper.


I bought a big roll of black contact paper from Amazon, but you can get it many different places. As far as I know, there is no difference between regular black contact paper and the stuff that is marketed as "chalkboard" contact paper. I just cut out whatever size and shape I need, and stick it right on.

I've used this stuff all over the house, but my favorite is the chalkboard I have on the inside of my armoire. I use the armoire as a dresser and storage in my bedroom, and I put some of the contact paper on the inside of one of the doors. I use it as my inspiration board- I currently have a list of small projects I'd like to complete someday, but I've also put up inspirational quotes that I find, or random doodles and thoughts. I like the flexibility of writing and erasing things, but I also like the secrecy of having a space that only I see. It's something fun to see every time I open the door to get dressed or find something I need, and is another small way I help myself stay positive.

It's a simple thing but I love it! Do you have an inspiration board in your home? Or have you ever used black contact paper to create a chalkboard surface?

3 comments :

  1. I love the title of your list "One of these days..." I love the look of chalkboard as well, but always refrain from getting it because I know that I'd obsess over how nice my writing looks, and it never looks nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, but that's the beauty of this kind of thing- nobody else has to see it! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the chalkboard closet door idea! Thanks so much for sharing this post with us at Bloggers Brags this week. I'm pinning this to the Bloggers Brags board on Pinterest. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete