Image Map

Monday, April 13, 2015

Mommy Monday: what to get a single mom for her birthday

So today is my birthday! Happy Birthday to me!! :D

I am off spending the day with my family so I'm sticking around for long, but I did want to share something that my parents have started doing for me for my birthday that I LOVE and I think almost all single mothers of young children would appreciate:


take their kids shopping. Go to the dollar store and let them each pick something out to give to their mom. Help them wrap it and hide it somewhere to give to them later. In most two-parent homes, the other parent will make sure the kids get the other parent a small gift or make a card. Parents love getting those little things from their kids on their birthdays, and we also want to encourage our children to learn about the joy of giving. But when you are the only parent, it can be awkward to encourage your children to get something for your own birthday.

It's a simple thing but I really love getting something that I know my girls picked out for me!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment