Image Map

Monday, June 20, 2016

flavored water recipes

You know it's gonna be a good time when I get to team up with Jennifer at The Yellow Brick Road, and today is one of those days! We're sharing our favorite cold drinks for this summer. Jennifer has an awesome recipe that reminds me of my childhood in Japan- head on over to check it out!

We have had a string of hot days recently so I am fully immersed in cold drink season and I couldn't be happier! Last year I shared my top four favorite summer drinks to make at home, including iced coffee, flavored lemonade, and two kinds of tea. I've been more than happy to break those out again but this year my girls and I have also been enjoying making flavored water. It's fun to come up with new combinations, it looks so pretty in the pitcher, and even my 4-year-old daughters can help me make it! I thought today I would share some of our favorite flavor combinations (and some that we are planning to try soon).


The basic idea of flavored water is pretty simple: take a pitcher of water, throw in some fruit, herbs, etc, and let it sit in the fridge for a while. The longer it sits, the stronger the flavor will be, obviously, but if it gets too strong just take out the add-in's and mix it with a little more pain water. It's a great way to use up fruit that's about to go bad, plus it's a yummy way to get more water each day (which is even more important in the summer months). 

Here are some of our favorite flavor combinations:

strawberry kiwi
lemon mint
orange lemon
strawberry mint
raspberry orange
watermelon rosemary
strawberry basil
blackberry ginger
lemon lime honey


The girls and I have decided that strawberries are our favorite way to add sweetness to water, and it seems to go well with almost any other citrus / herb we add. Mint is another favorite- so refreshing! There are, of course, endless combinations here- what are some favorites you have tried? Let me know in the comments! And make sure to check out Jennifer's recipe for matcha green tea latte- you won't regret it!

Want more? Subscribe right here to the Organized Chaos newsletter and get music teacher ideas for school and home sent straight to your inbox!

No comments :

Post a Comment