Image Map

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Small Goals: November 2016

I seriously cannot believe it's November already! I'm linking up with Jennifer from The Yellow Brick Road to share my monthly "small goals"- be sure to head on over to her post to read about what she's up to as well, and if you'd like, link up a post of your own or share your goals in the comments!


First a look back at last month's goals: 
1. Reconnect with a few friends
2. Enjoy Halloween with my daughters
3. Start teaching ukulele for the first time

Done, done and done! :) I was able to connect with all of the friends I had in mind, and it was great! My daughters ended up dressing up as Princess Sophia and Ariel, and they both thoroughly enjoyed trick-or-treating. Even the jack-o-lantern carving went well! And the ukuleles have been great too, although I'm getting tired of hearing my students whining about how their fingers hurt...

So on with this month's goals!

1. Get some Christmas shopping done

I'm not going to go crazy and think I will get all of my shopping done, but I would like to get started with at least a couple of things that I already know I want to get. That way I can focus on figuring out the presents I haven't decided on, and check one more thing off the always-too-long holiday list! If you're shopping for your kids like I am, you might like this holiday shopping guide from Modern Parents Messy Kids. I found it a couple of years ago and I always get a few great ideas from them!

2. Survive report card writing and parent conferences

These have got to be two of my least favorite teacher tasks, and they'll both be happening this month! Perseverance is all I ask for.

3. Make an update list for next year's teacher planners

Believe it or not, this is the time of year when I start making my list of revisions and updates I want to make for the next school year's planners! If you don't know, I have a bunch of teacher/home/life planners in my store here, and I update them (for free) every school year. If you own one of the planners and you have ideas/suggestions, come join my planner group on Facebook and let me know what you'd like to see! :)

Stay in touch! Sign up right here for the Organized Chaos newsletter and get ideas for home and school sent straight to your inbox.

No comments :

Post a Comment