Image Map

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

#WhyITeachMusic : Stories to Motivate and Inspire

Last week I shared the things that motivate and inspire me to teach music and invited you to share your #whyiteachmusic stories as well. I absolutely loved reading the responses! I hope you will take the time to read the other blog posts (linked at the bottom of this post), and the comments, sometime this week. It has been the perfect way to get ready for Thanksgiving here in the US.



I've got the giveaway winners to announce at the end of this post, but first I want to share some of my favorite comments shared by all of YOU about why we do what we do:

"Music has been one of the most constant things in my life. When nothing else was going right, music is what I always turned too. Although I never in a million years thought I would teach elementary music, seeing those cute little kids get excited when the instruments are in the front of the room or when I start playing their favorite Christmas songs on the piano keeps me going, despite a very rough and overwhelming schedule." 

"The excitement in their faces when they discover that ANYONE can make music. The relationships that build in the music classroom among peers and teacher-student. When students get to the point when they realize and understand that the music classroom is a safe place for expression, imagination, and creativity" 

"I was motivated to teach music many years ago by a fabulous teacher! She was patient and passionate about music and continues to share that love with so many in her church and community. As a music teacher (this is my second time being the elementary music teacher in my district), I love hearing my students say, "can we do that again?" (I'm not sure, but do you think algebra and chemistry teachers hear that often?--sorry if I offended any of my high school teacher friends...)"

There were so many more wonderful posts- I could go on an on for days- but thank you everyone for sharing your words of inspiration. I am walking around with a bit of a "glow" from reading them all!

On to the winners...

The winner of my Concert and Performance Planner is Michaela Gibbons! Check your email for a message from me :)

There were seven other winners too! If you see your name below, check your email (the one you used to enter) for a message about your prize!
O for Tuna Orff: Christy Gibson 
Music with Mrs. Tanenblatt: Dan Leopold 
Floating Down the River: Jenny Trites
Sing to Kids: Becca Fiscus
Sing Play Creatively: Brooke Chamberlain 
Music Teaching and Parenting: Blanca InezSuzanne Fleischmann Bishop
Sally's Sea of Songs: Erin Scharman Middelhoven

I hope you have found some fresh energy to keep you motivated this week and through the busy holiday season. I'm so grateful to have this community of music educators to support each other!

Want more? Click here to subscribe to the Organized Chaos newsletter and get ideas and resources for home and school sent straight to your inbox!

No comments :

Post a Comment