My problem: I'm a renter. While I normally am a huge fan of command strips as an alternative to nail holes, a gallery wall would take a WHOLE LOT of command strips! So for my small gallery wall I turned to my other go-to: washi tape.
There are so many advantages to sticking your photos directly on the wall with washi tape for a gallery wall effect:
- Cheap. You can buy a good roll of washi tape for under $2. I've been using the same 3 rolls of washi tape for a couple of years, on a myriad of projects, and I'm not even close to running out.
- Stylish. Because you can mix and match different patterns and colors of washi tape, you can instantly get that eclectic/stylish feel with no effort!
- Adjustable. You can peel and stick washi tape many times without losing stickiness (I don't know why. it's the magic of washi.), so if you're not sure what arrangement you will like, just try it and then move things around.
- Fast. Just think of how much faster it is to tape a picture to the wall than to put it in the frame and then mount the frame!
- Safe. No worries about a kid knocking a frame off the wall!
Have you tried hanging photos with washi tape yet? If you haven't, go do it! Now! ;)